For some, redecorating a room in their home just comes naturally. However for most, it can be a little intimidating and overwhelming. What kind of furniture should I buy? How do I mix styles and patterns? What are the best accessories to give my room that finishing touch?
Well, you don’t have to be alone in your redecorating adventure! It’s okay to seek help from a design professional. Now, I know what you’re thinking. “Who can afford an interior designer?” You, that’s who! At Turner’s Fine Furniture, you can browse a great selection of name brand furniture AND speak with expert designers. And the best part, the design service is free!
Here are just a few things to consider before you go furniture shopping:
- Have a design goal in mind. Whether it’s creating a bedroom to relax after a long day, a living room to gather family and friends, or the perfect kitchen for entertaining, let your designer know how you want to use your space.
- Explain your style. Are you more traditional or contemporary? Are you drawn to neutrals or do you like pops of color?
- Bring pictures of your space. Take pictures of your room from multiple angles and bring them with you when shopping for furniture. It helps give your designer a better feel for your space and allows them to help you purchase the best furniture to meet your needs.
- Bring pictures of inspirations. If a photo you found on Pinterest or in a magazine inspired you to spruce up your space, bring it with you. It can be a whole room or just something that has colors, artwork or accessories you like. This will also help your designer get a better feel for your overall style.
- Take measurements. It’s great to know the dimensions of the room you want to redesign/refurnish. This way, your designer can guide you toward the best style and size of furniture for your room. It also helps them create a better room sketch for you. After all, we want to make sure we measure up to all your expectations!
- Don’t be afraid to ask for an in-home visit. Sometimes, it feels a little more comfortable to talk about your room while actually standing in it. No problem! Our designers will do one complementary in-home visit to help you determine what furniture and/or accessories you need to create your dream space.
Whether you’re building a new home and starting from scratch, looking to redecorate an existing room or two or maybe just add some new accessories, Turner’s designers are here to lend customers their expertise and offer the very best selection advice.