If you have been furniture shopping lately, you may have noticed that 90% of the market consists of beige or white sofas. At first glance, they can seem… well… BORING. That’s okay! We believe that a neutral sofa is the gateway to functional decorating, being the chameleon that it is. Keeping your large pieces neutral gives you the design freedom to use any decorative item your heart desires, but you may need some help! This is why we are here. Here are a few tips we have come up with:
1. Add colorful decorative pillows to contrast your sofa. Choose a pillow you love and go from there! Any color, pattern, or style will work. Use these pillows as the inspiration for the surrounding area.
2. Find a textured throw blanket that adds dimension to your drab sofa. A throw helps add visual interest and a sense of coziness you are sure to love.
3. Fun artwork can attract the eye and take the attention away from your sofa. In this case, the artwork accents the pillows perfectly to create a balance of color.
4. Who said a lamp can’t be fun? Don’t be afraid to bring in color here!
5. Last, but not least, the rug. A rug should visually ground the sofa, add color interest, and have a contrasting texture.
Follow these steps and you are on your way to a full makeover!
All of these items are available to order at your local Turner’s Fine Furniture location. As always, our designers are here to help make your interior design goals a reality.
Have any questions? Let us know on our Facebook!